Unlike every other poll out there, I don't put out a preseason poll and then disappoint the fans of the schools with false hype. I wait at least 2-3 weeks into the season and then I start my poll.

So here goes...

1. USC

This team at this point of the season is at the top of the class. How good is Ohio State? Who knows but it's still a signature win over a top notch football program.

2. Oklahoma

By seasons end they could be #1. I really like this team even if they did lay an egg big time at the Fiesta Bowl last year and cost me a frikkin ton of money. They haven't really been tested to date, but they may not be tested at all until they face Missouri in the Big 12 championship game.

3. Missouri

Here is another team I just absolutely love. Sure they haven't been tested, sorry I don't count Illinois as a good team. I hope they stay in form and so does Oklahoma. Over under of 80 anyone?

4. LSU

They have a tough game this week on the road against Auburn and this will tell us how good this team really is. For now I think they are the cream of the crop in the SEC. Sorry Gator and Bulldog fans.

5. BYU

I know this will surprise a lot of you, but.. I think this team is going to go undefeated and if things break the right way and they don't look ahead of themselves, they will be in the championship game. Key game for them is to not overlook Utah who could spoil the party in Provo.

6. Texas

Another Big 12 team in the top 6. I like them now, but don't like their chances starting in October which features back to back games against Oklahoma and Missouri. Toss in two tough road games after that with Texas Tech and Kansas and you can kiss the Longhorns goodbye from the BCS.

7. Georgia

Holy Cow Freak, Georgia at #7 are you kidding me. NO! I don't like the way this team has played and I didn't believe they deserved to be #1 preseason in any of the polls. They will win against AZ ST on the road this week, but it will unlikely move them up my poll.

8. Wisconsin

They shattered the BCS dream of Fresno St last week. This team is tough, physical and has a great young coach and let's not forget Barry Alvarez as the AD. You know they talk every week to go over the game plan. They have a week off before they kick Michigan's ass in the Big House. I can't wait.

9. Alabama

You have to be thinking, FREAK you're nuts, where's Florida? WHO? Alabama is better than Florida. Too bad they don't play this year to prove it. But we will see just how good Alabama is in two weeks when they play at Georgia. Did I mention they also play at TN and LSU this year. Let's not forget their rival Auburn as well. They are unlikely to be around in the top 10 after this schedule but like Texas for now I like them.

10. Clemson

Who? Ahh yes you remember them all the hype, the undefeated season and then they actually played a game and lost to Alabama. You'll see them back in the top 10 soon, right around the time they go on the road to play Wake Forest and then a few weeks later at Florida State. This team is very good even if they haven't shown their full potential to date.

What do I know? Beats the hell out of me, but you can be rest assured you and I know a lot more than a bunch of beat writers when it comes to polls and football teams.

As always I throw in some crazy stuff at the end of my poll I wish I was in Missouri last week. They put up a "69" spot on Nevada which of course prostitution is legal in that state.

How bad is Wyoming that they had to kick a FG with 4 seconds left to win 16-13 after trailing 13-0 in the 3rd qtr to beat North Dakota St at home. BYU will smash Wyoming by 50 this week.

Speaking of BYU they were up 42-0 at the 1/2 against UCLA.

I wonder if Ohio State is thinking about Troy this week. No not USC but Troy who beat Alcorn St 65-0 last Saturday. Don't go betting Ohio St so fast my friends. Sure Alcorn St is no Ohio St but when you put up 65 points you have some weapons.

My upset of the week is the super bad UNLV team that went in as a 24 point dog to ASU and won SU in OT.

I close with this thought, are coaches just plain dumb anymore or don't they want to win. I give you the Auburn game against MS St. It's Auburn 3-2 late 4th qtr. MS St goes for it on 4th down and doesn't make it with about 3 minutes to go I believe. Why not let Auburn score a TD and have the game 10-2 and you have the ball back and a chance to tie it and force OT at home?

This isn't the only game this happened in. I think of the Sunday night game Pittsburgh at Cleveland. You flub your time out situation and don't manage the clock. After Parker makes a big run to your 30 yd line and the 2 minute warning happening the next play, why not let them score and give yourself a shot rather than take the for sure loss.

I don't know about you, but if I can think of this shit, why in the world don't they, and if they do, why not do it? They have nothing to lose but the money they get for not blowing the spread.

A post a day and your access will stay!