%ALT_TXT%%

Sports Betting

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What Is Wrong With Our Community? Let's Go People!
#209336 09/04/10 01:08 AM
Florida
JV Squad
OP Offline
JV Squad
Florida
Well I made my annual football trek back to Freaks Forum. I have several comments of which I will probably get flamed for. My intention is to explain my usage, why I would come here, and some criticisms on why without changes I will be leaving.

Please take this in the spirit it is intended. I go back to the Mr. X days so I feel like I have a little standing and know what I want. Obviously like everything if we do not get what we want we will move on to other places.

I am a geek. I love numbers and information. I like to share information. In places I regularly post I am more of a counter puncher but I do not mind stepping out by myself. I came here to read analysis. It was one stop shopping where you could read the newsletters and analysis of handicappers. I understand the copyright issues and why you feel like you can no longer provide this service. This would not bother me except it was the only analysis on the site.

In the top play sections all the posters give the game. No analysis just the game and who they like. This tells me nothing. Give me something! Without a reason why should I listen to you?

Well some would say, and rightfully so, why don't you start the trend? Last year for several weeks I tried. I received zero feedback. I did not even catch shit when I went 1-6. Why put the effort into it when nobody was listening or questioning. Freak you make a valid complaint about some of us not posting but yet how can we post when there is no conversation. Sure I could write Toledo plus the points. That seems like a waste of time to me, without my reasons why. On top of which when I do post reasons nobody cares. If a tree fall in the woods and nobody is there does......... you know the rest.

A site has to be fun or give me information for me to stay. I am all about fun and conversation. Unfortunately there is no stimulation here. Without the write ups from handicappers (which are available in many places) and no community discussions what is the point of coming here?

I am sorry to be critical because your effort here Mr. Freak has been tremendous. I have always appreciated your efforts. Anytime I have spoken to you or asked a question you have been a gentleman. I want to stay here and devour some content and interact with a community.

Should these things not happen I am sure I will fade away to other places. I say this with sadness. Any other site I would have not bothered to comment but just went elsewhere. I did feel I owed you the courtesy of airing my concerns.

Re: What Is Wrong With Our Community? Let's Go People!
Chopperjc #209339 09/04/10 03:32 AM
Time to play the Game
Owner

Owner

Time to play the Game
ChopperJC,

Thanks for your post and your honest straight forward post. You won't get any flame from me on your post, because it's spot on.

This community was built with the intention of people helping other people win and beat the numbers. I think it's my fault because earlier on I gave away so much money that's all people cared about. What can I get for free from FREAK and Freaks Forum.

After I stopped giving away the money, people left and really were only here for the cash. Sad but true, I think of those people as I do people that go from poker site to poker site and play freerolls only. They are known as free roll whores.

I reached out to old time members and several had the nerve to tell me since they can't win free money they weren't coming back. Ain't the shit.

Anyway, bottom line is, I want people to be active, take part and post picks and why. Any information we can gain from a local perspective or a trend or angle someone has that helps. I can say personally I don't care if your picks stink up the joint. I won't stand for any bashing because someone loses. Guess what we all lose games, so what, we learn from it and move on.

Two thumbs up and a big +1 for the above post by ChopperJc.

A post a day and your access will stay!

Moderated by  FREAK, sailfish, tinfw17, wayne1218 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Please be advised that links to other sites may offer activities that are illegal in certain jurisdictions. Viewers are strongly urged to investigate the legality of participating in any games and/or activities offered by such other sites. The owner of this website assumes no responsibility for the actions of viewers and makes no representation or endorsement of any games and/or activities offered by third-party sites. By viewing this website, viewers agree to hold the website owner harmless from any claims that may arise from their participation in any games and/or activities offered by third-party sites.

2000-2024 FREAKS Sports and Information Forum. All Rights Reserved.