SoCal
ShoNuff Online OP
JV Squad
OP Online
JV Squad
SoCal
Hi everyone -

I'm new and just wanted to say Hi.

I'm just looking for an active community of like-minded individuals.

In 1997, I was a kid living in Los Angeles and started following sports with the Lakers trading for Kobe in '97. By end of the '97 season, I was a Laker even, eventually becoming an NBA fan and die-hard Kobe fan.

In 2001, I started playing fantasy NBA on yahoo, and using this knowledge, deposited $60 into a some shady online site to wager. I turned the $60 into $550 over maybe 50 bets (obv with poor bankroll mgmt, unit size, and risk mgmt) throughout the season and bet it all on Lakers -550 ML vs Philadelphia 76ers in Game 1 of the 2001 NBA finals, and watched Allen Iverson crush my bankroll into smithereens.

In 2008, I decided to try sports betting again - I was young and wide-eyed and thought I could maybe get rich by paying for service plays at Doc Sports. $1000 in subscription fees and over $1 million in wagers later, my $10k bankroll (bought off credit - lol) was $13k. My dreams were dashed - there was no chance I had even made minimum wage with the bookkeeping and line shopping I was doing every day. Accounting for subscription fees and the fact that betus would not allow me to withdraw my profits for at least several months, I got coolered during those few months and got tilted. I had lost my profits and become disillusioned with the whole endeavor.

In Jan of 2021, my buddy hooked me up with access to most sporting events through cable, after I had cut the cord for a couple years with no access. I deposited $1000 and was at it again. Now my bankroll is $10k again, this time my own cash, and I'm confident enough to do $200/unit, risking maybe $150-$250 (still adjusting/learning) - I'm nearing a thousand bets since Jan, maybe 100-200 are my NBA and live bets (bookkeeping and tracking is too time-consuming for me still so I'm not doing it this time), the rest are cherry picked from service plays from another 2 forums (that seem much quieter forcing me to find freaksforum yesterday). I've started doing the occasional bet in a variety of sports at this point. I hope to have just maybe 10-20 units per sport at the end of each season, trying to reduce my volume and increase my win rate and profits. I'm minus 1 unit over 500-1000 bets (again, my volume is so high I just can't find a routine that is time efficient to track everything) but finally enjoying doing a little research every day, looking for a weak market line, and learning from my mistakes.

I want to get over this final hump so I can just have a little extra pocket cash for my troubles, and shoot the ish with other recreational bettors like myself, and the other couple forums I'm on just don't have enough activity.

Nice to meet you!

Re: hello! i'm new
ShoNuff #534792 04/05/21 10:49 PM
Time to play the Game
Owner

Owner

Time to play the Game
Welcome aboard and best of success. I look forward to your contributions!

Post Your Selections Daily in the Bet The House Area

Moderated by  FREAK 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Activities offered by links to other sites may be deemed an illegal activity in certain jurisdictions. Viewers are specifically warned that they should inquire into the legality of participating in any games and/or activities offered by such other sites. The owner of this website assumes no responsibility for the actions by and makes no representation or endorsement of any of these games and/or activities offered by the third party site. As a condition of viewing this website viewers agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from the viewers participation in any of the games and/or activities offered by the third party site.

2000-2021 FREAKS Sports and Information Forum. All Rights Reserved.