Home
Posted By: poorboy Hockey Night in Canada - Week 1 - 10/06/18 02:38 AM
Well, here we go!

First Saturday Night slate of games this season and all Canadian teams are in action. There are things I like about the beginning of the season, which is a little bit about the unexpected.

It was a long preseason with a lot of exhibition games, which don't always say much about anything. So many factor such as who was playing their rookies against other team with maybe half their starters etc...

Anyhow, here we go!

Edmonton -110
New Jersey +100

Overall, Edmonton is the better team. They just seem to have a hard time bringing it all together. The have McDavid, any team would want him, yet he cant do it all himself and when the defense is bad, it is bad, and then goalies look bad. In this game though, I think they easily handle the Devils, who are the designated home team here as the game is being played in Sweden. Taylor Hall though has been great since going to the Devils, from Edmonton of course, and that keeps a fun underlying story for the fan.

PICK: Edmonton

Winnipeg -102
Dallas -108

I think Winnipeg will have another great season. I think Dallas will do pretty good this season as well, but not make the playoffs. Both teams won their season openers, and we have the makings for a close game here. I am going with the home team in this one.

Pick: Dallas

Ottawa +210
Toronto -240

Gotta love these match ups between the two Ontario teams. On paper, this one is no contest. Ottawa went through a lot of turmoil lately, with one players wife filing charges against another players girlfriend. Neither player with the team now. Fans not happy with the owner, want him to sell the team, they are rebuilding now but owner wants them to have a lot of rookies in the lineup. Fans say he just wants to spend as little as possible. Horrible situation for the Ottawa fans and players. Toronto is jut way too much for ottawa

Pick: Toronto

Montreal +230
Pittsburgh -260

This is another situation where you have a very good team, the Penguins, playing against a team which is not at the same level. The thing about the Canadians though is, I think they will keep this one close. Pittsburgh won a goal fest the other day while Montreal lost their opening game. I don't have an online wagering account with cash yet this year (lol, i did not do well in my playoff pick last season and waiting a bit before reloading) but if I did, i would take Montreal +1.5 and whatever odds came with it. However, straight up here, I have to go with the obvious choice... or do I? Hell with it, this is upset of the night for me!

Pick: Montreal

Vancouver +190
Calgary -210

OK, here we go... for those that have not followed my posts here, I am a diehard Canucks fan, being born and raised in Vancouver, although no longer there, I will always be a fan of this team, and I am foolish and bet with my heart where they are concerned. I am also a sinner in that I like the Flames, a no-no for a Canuck fan but I like the makeup of the team and some of the players they have, the style they play.
Vancouver beat them this week in the season opener, in Vancouver, and in reality, the fFlames will take this one. However, my bias, along with my hope after the first game, thinks the Canucks will keep this one close and have a little confidence and will sqeak out a win here.

Pick: Vancouver
Posted By: FREAK Re: Hockey Night in Canada - Week 1 - 10/07/18 08:49 AM
Nice call on Montreal @ +230

Looks like you went 2-3 -120

Toronto cost you a winning night.

Like the thought process behind the games.
© Freaks Forum - Sports Betting Picks and Information