Top 20 CFB ATS
Trends for Week 9
1. USC is on a 10-0 SU/5-4-1 ATS run vs Colorado
with an average win by 18.7 ppg.
2. Connecticut is a 10-point favorite at Massachusetts
this week. The Huskies haven’t been a double-digit fa-
vorite on the road since 2008.
3. Connecticut is on a 1-19 ATS run as a favorite since
2012 failing to cover by an average of 10.3 ppg.
4. Clemson is on a 12-0 SU/11-1 ATS run vs ACC op-
ponents with an average win by 35.4 ppg and an av-
erage cover of 9.3 ppg. This week the Tigers are 34.5
point favorites hosting Boston College.
5. Boston College is in their biggest underdog role
since 1990 (+37 at Miami, FL) this week at Clemson.
6. Iowa is on a 19-0 SU/16-2-1 ATS run as a road fa-
vorite with an average cover of 11.6 ppg. This week
the Hawkeyes are 10.5-point favorites at Northwest-
7. This week Utah is a 21.5-point favorite vs California
and the total is only 37.5. Since 2003, there’s only one
other instance involving two FBS teams with a line of
3 TD’s or more and a total of 38 or less (Georgia -27 vs
Colorado in 2006, total 36.5).
8. Hawaii is a 10-point favorite at New Mexico this
week. It’s the first time since 2011 that the Rainbow
Warriors are favored by double-digits on the road.
9. If the 1-point line holds vs Arizona this week, note
that Stanford is 9-2 SU/10-1 ATS as a home underdog
with an average cover of 13 ppg.
10. Washington St is 9-0 ATS vs Oregon this decade
with an average cover of 16.3 ppg. This week the Cou-
gars are 14-point underdogs at Oregon.
11. Michigan St is 5-1 SU/ATS vs Penn State in their
last 6 meetings with an average cover of 8.5 ppg. This
week the Spartans are 6.5-point underdogs at home.
12. Oklahoma State is on a 7-3 SU/9-1 ATS run as
an underdog with an average cover of 13.4 ppg. This
week Oklahoma St is a 10.5-point underdog at Oklahoma St.
13. Iowa St head coach Matt Campbell 21-9-1 AT
(+7.5 ppg) vs the Big 12. This week the Cyclones are
10.5-point home favorites vs Oklahoma St.
14. TCU is 10-21 ATS vs the Big 12 since 2016. This
week the Horned Frogs are 1-point home underdogs
15. Pittsburgh and Miami, FL have met 22 times since
1980 and this week is only the 2nd time Pitt has been
favored in the series (2015 was the other). The aver-
age line has been Miami -15 but this week Pitt is a
5.5-point home favorite.
16. This week Kansas is a 3.5-point home underdog
to Texas Tech. It’s the shortest underdog role for the
Jayhawks in a Big 12 game since 2012!
17. Wisconsin after a straight up loss under head coach
Paul Chryst is 11-1 SU/10-1-1 ATS (+6.9 ppg). This
week that will be put to the test as the Badgers are
14.5-point underdogs at Ohio St.
18. UTEP is on a 1-12 SU/ATS run at home failing to
cover by 6.5 ppg. This week the Miners are 20.5-point
home underdogs to Louisiana Tech.
19. The underdog is on a 22-7-1 ATS run in the Michi-
gan/Notre Dame series. This week the Irish are 1-point
underdogs at Michigan.
20. Michigan is 28-4 SU at home under Jim Harbaugh
with the only losses coming to Michigan St and Ohio
St. This week, the Wolverines are basically in a “pick-
em” game vs Notre Dame.