Sports Betting


 

 

Welcome to Freaks Forum .... Not a member yet? Hit Register and join the family. .... Get off the sideline and into the action at Freaks Forum. .... Bad Man Week 4 standings posted. .... The Rogue leads the way at 14-6. .... Five are tied for second at 12-8. .... Three and Out Week 4 standings posted. .... Jwill remains perfect, eight sit with one loss and twenty five face elimination in week 5. Six more entrants were eliminated. Remaining Entrants 34 ....

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 … 6 7 8 9 10
Re: The Unfair Advantage, Jeffrey's Picks
unfairadvantage #308318 04/04/16 07:58 PM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
Senior
OP Offline
Senior
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
I've really enjoyed having this platform and wanted to say a quick thank you to Freak for making it happen. It was a pleasure following some of the best in the business for a while there and also getting to share my thoughts.

I'll be finishing the NBA season on this thread and, at the end of the season, I will be saying good bye.. For now.. At least on this thread. I've learned so friggin much this season and now.. It's just a matter of applying it moving forward. Hopefully my thoughts and discussion provoked some thoughts of your own and have helped in some way. I leave you all with the message of please stay disciplined and to remember - even the best picks are only going to win around two out of three times.

Thank you for all of the support and the best of luck to everyone!

Re: The Unfair Advantage, Jeffrey's Picks
unfairadvantage #308319 04/04/16 07:59 PM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
Senior
OP Offline
Senior
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
4/4

No NBA today, but this is my NCAAM play for the day:

NCAAM Villanova +2.5 for 6 units

I like the Cats here. I like the points, especially because I wouldn't be surprised if this clash of the Titans comes down to the wire. The public is backing UNC and that -2.5 is begging bettors to take them. Villanova has beaten some good teams on their path here, including Kansas, and even though only one two seed has ever beaten a one seed in the chip - or something like that - I think it can be done tonight.

Re: The Unfair Advantage, Jeffrey's Picks
unfairadvantage #308423 04/05/16 06:36 PM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
Senior
OP Offline
Senior
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
4/5

My NBA plays:

Philadelphia -2.5 for 6 units

Liking Philly. Had the appropriate doubts for a brief moment but realized the Pelicans won with D leaguers. Yes, Noel is also out - but if I even look at that short handed 76ers lineup, it should be favored and be able to beat the Pelicans D league team. They beat Brooklyn, but the second I found out Lopez and Young were out, I knew I was fucked. 30% public backing the Sixers and rightfully so - these guys shouldn't have been bet as much as I have this year, but I believe they win today. They have last place locked up and only two good chances to win finishing the season starting tonight and ending against the Knicks in their next game. Lastly, the two Pelicans wins are relatively explainable and just as much about the other team not coming to play as them.

Yesterday's Result (YTD):
My NCAAM plays: 1-0, +6 (1-0, +6)

Re: The Unfair Advantage, Jeffrey's Picks
unfairadvantage #308485 04/06/16 12:57 AM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
Senior
OP Offline
Senior
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
4/5

One more NBA play:

Portland -3.5 for 6 units

I like Portland here in a must win game. After a loss to the Warriors, they'll come out firing and the Kings like to play spoiler but Portland is just better. Catch it before it gets to -4! Portland hasn't lost a game "they shouldn't lose" since January 18th.

Re: The Unfair Advantage, Jeffrey's Picks
unfairadvantage #308531 04/06/16 11:26 PM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
Senior
OP Offline
Senior
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
4/6

My NBA plays:

Detroit +3 for 6 units
Portland -3 for 6 units
Boston -14.5 for 6 units

I love this card today.

Detroit catching points against the hyped up (and playing well) Magic is a good play in my eyes. Detroit needs to keep winning to make the playoffs and after getting thrashed last night, I expect a bounce back today. Magic are still overreaching in my estimation and hopefully that estimation is correct this evening.

I love Portland here. I'll explain why. If Portland wins, they will likely overtake Memphis as the 5 seed - pushing Memphis back to the 6 and they play OKC, depleted. OKC would love a first round (essentially) bye and play the Grizz. Yes, the thunder are hot – but trust me this happens in sports. One time some teammates of mine in our football league didn't quite give 100% Bc if we lost we were the 6 against a weak 3 seed. We beat the 3 seed in the playoffs that year and while I now (as a captain) acknowledge they put us in better position to win a championship, I could never admit it. OKC will do that tonight and never admit it. Hell, Durant may even play - but OKC is not giving 110% tonight.

Lastly, I like Boston. I haven't thought the pelicans were that good for a little while once all the injuries occurred. I lost playing against them with the Nets and then fired yesterday with the Sixers. New Orleans started out up 12 in the first and lost by 14 to the Sixers. I believe a rested, needs it, Boston can win tonight by 20.

Yesterday's (4/5) result (YTD):
My NBA plays: 2-0, +12 (110-114-6, -71.7)

Re: The Unfair Advantage, Jeffrey's Picks
unfairadvantage #308544 04/06/16 11:42 PM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
Senior
OP Offline
Senior
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
4/6

One more of my NBA plays:

LA Lakers +9 for 6 units

Clips are sitting Griff and I bet Paul and Jordan will sit down too. Kobe has two more home games.. This is one of them. Lakers starters can beat Clippers backups straight up.

Re: The Unfair Advantage, Jeffrey's Picks
unfairadvantage #308615 04/07/16 11:45 PM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
Senior
OP Offline
Senior
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
4/7

My NBA plays:

Golden State -7.5 for 6 units
Atlanta -7.5 for 6 units
Phoenix/Houston Over 214 for 6 units

I like the Warriors. I think they rock and roll here after Spurs logged heavy minutes in the past two games. Can the Warriors lose two games in a row after going for the NBA reg season win record? No way. Spurs can't possibly play everyone, can they? I think they punt this one.

I like Atlanta. They want to avoid the season sweep from Toronto and need this one at home. Toronto is pretty much locked into the two seed, too.

Phoenix is the only play in Houston, but is it good enough? Houston has been playing well off losses. Phoenix and Brooklyn are tanking hard btw - may not want to play on their side anymore. That said, it's not good enough to play, but the total is. This game is going over that huge number. Houston will settle for threes leading to quicker possessions after their battle last night - and you thought harden didn't play defense before? How about after playing 44 minutes. I like the over here.

Yesterday's (4/6) result (YTD):
My NBA plays: 2-2, -1.2 (112-116-6, -72.9)

Re: The Unfair Advantage, Jeffrey's Picks
unfairadvantage #308616 04/07/16 11:45 PM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
Senior
OP Offline
Senior
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
My expert plays:

NBA Sacramento -5 (Indian Cowboy) for 6 units

Re: The Unfair Advantage, Jeffrey's Picks
unfairadvantage #308700 04/08/16 09:08 PM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
Senior
OP Offline
Senior
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
My Expert's yesterday's (4/7) result (YTD):
Expert plays: 0-1, -6.6 (53-45, -8.5)

I truly enjoyed following some of the best in the business, but moving forward, I'll be sticking to my own plays. I have a lot of respect for many of the handicappers (especially those whose plays I used) and especially the docsports.com family of handicappers. I am happy to offer my opinion on anyone out there, and if I don't know them – I will tell that as well. As you can see, winners are out there. It's just a matter of finding them and finding them at the right time (or sticking with them for some type of system).

Even the best handicapper's best game is only appx 66% likely to win (if it's a -110 bet, of course) in my opinion. Keep that in mind, never chase, play with control, and good luck!

Re: The Unfair Advantage, Jeffrey's Picks
unfairadvantage #308701 04/08/16 09:48 PM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
Senior
OP Offline
Senior
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
4/8

My NBA plays:

NY Knicks -2 for 6 units
Indiana -5 for 6 units
Detroit -7 for 6 units
Dallas -6.5 for 6 units
Utah -13.5 for 6 units
LA Lakers +3 for 6 units
Denver -2.5 for 6 units

I know the Knicks line will grow .. I know it. For once I'll be right. It's against Philly. Omg I wanna bet the Knicks but 69% of the public likes them too. I know I had said Philly would come out firing against their previous opponent and they did, and this is their last winnable game but it's the same for the Knicks. Calderon and Porzinginis are injured but Affalo is due against these guys and Melo will fight for one more win this season. Letdown for Philly after their W and their GM just quit. I'll side with the Knicks -3.

Indiana needs a W Bc they want Boston in round 1. Toronto is settled in, so when I see the line rocketing the Pacers way and only 26% of the public there - I found a -4.5 and am happy.

I like Detroit Bc I don't believe Wall is playing, he'll play their home game vs Charlotte, it's a revenge game for Detroit, and Bc this will pretty much clinch the playoffs for them.

I like Dallas here. Unfortunately, it's with the public like the Knicks play - but idc. 64% is a lot of public, but not overwhelming, and I don't think the Mavs win another nail biter. They can win an important game against a short handed team by double digits, right? I think so.

Utah will be playing against the team I thought the Lakers were the other day. Paul, Jordan, and Griff are out - Utah desperately needs this. I don't think they've made the playoffs in a long time, they're home fans will be pumped and Clips may lose this one by 40 Bc they don't care.

I love the Lakers. I haven't believed this Pelicans team, not once, and now this is Kobe's last chance for a win in an NBA game. I think they win straight up, but I'll gladly catch some points.

I love playing San Antonio when it's their backups, I do - Bc they're deep and ppl forget that. But there's a time and place. 6 key Spurs are out tonight. I like Denver to win their last legit chance to win this season.

Re: The Unfair Advantage, Jeffrey's Picks
unfairadvantage #308797 04/10/16 12:46 AM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
Senior
OP Offline
Senior
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
4/9

My NBA plays:

Cleveland -7.5 for 6 units
Phoenix -3.5 for 6 units
Portland -8.5 for 6 units
Sacramento +7 for 6 units
Atlanta -5.5 for 4 units

I like Cleveland tonight. I believe Chicago is a bad team that now has nothing to play for – that said, the Cavaliers strongly dislike them and this will clinch the one seed. LeBron's at the last game, so I expect a big performance from him and I expect them to dominate in Chicago.

Phoenix is a fantastic play. How many times this year have you heard that said? This may be the first. New Orleans, regardless of if they ever win a game – I know they covered the last time I played against them with Boston - is not good. There is no borderline playoff team that can lose five or six starters and be any good in the NBA. Phoenix just want to game and has some players back, I think they come out and win this one.

Minnesota doesn't have the firepower to win three games in a row and Portland has been amazing at home lately. They still desperately need this game and I expect a double-digit win at home. They will overtake Memphis for that 5 seed.

I love Sacramento tonight. I wish I caught them at more than seven, I bet at a poor time. But I like them. Rondo and Cousins sat last game, as did KD and Russ, but this is Sacramento's last home game ever at sleep train arena. I'll take the points in Sac's last real game of the year.

I think Atlanta wins this one. If you can find them at -5, that is the line you want. Overall, Boston has been a little bit of a tear – but I think they hit a wall tonight. Atlanta is such a good home team and has such good defense and is so deep, I think they will get home court in the first round of the playoffs this year.

Yesterday's (4/8) result (YTD):
My NBA plays: 4-3, +4.2 (119-119-6, -50.7)

Re: The Unfair Advantage, Jeffrey's Picks
unfairadvantage #308874 04/10/16 08:00 PM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
Senior
OP Offline
Senior
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
4/10

My NBA plays:

Miami -10 for 6 units
Dallas +5 for 4 units

Miami just lost the first of the back to back in Orlando but I don't think they'll fade twice against their in-state rival. I expect them to bounce back strong and get home court in the first. Line is shooting up and still a public fade. Oladipo is out.

I like Dallas. They've been hot lately and Clips are sitting a couple role players. If you wait, you may catch +5.5. Dallas can find the six seed and they know it, I think Dallas has more to play for and try harder against a team that smacked them last time they played. 46% public on their side, I expect a dogfight.

Yesterday's result (YTD):
My NBA plays: 3-2, +2.8 (122-121-6, -47.9)

Re: The Unfair Advantage, Jeffrey's Picks
unfairadvantage #308962 04/11/16 08:45 PM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
Senior
OP Offline
Senior
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
4/11

My NBA Plays:

Orlando -4 for 6 units
Cleveland -5.na may be good in a couple years but not good enough today. Magic have lost a bunch of home finales in a row and that's likely on their minds too.

I think Cleveland clinches the one tonight because Atlanta will give a half effort. You can't bring it every single game - even in a playoff push - and Atlanta wins their finale to secure home court but not this one. I don't see a motivated Cavs team losing three in a row and Toronto can certainly win out.

Is it weird to just think that the Wolves are just better than the Rockets right now and catching 3.5 is awesome? Idc if the Rockets are playing for million dollar bonuses - I don't think they are much better than Min, if at all. I'll take the points. I can't side with the public every time (like those top two).

I like Charlotte. They had a letdown game against the Wiz but catching 7 points is way too many. Boston is like 7-1 ats as this type of fav and Char is 1-7 su in these situations - those are ridiculous numbers and the oddsmakers see them. Char won't get beat by double digits twice in a row in important games if they want any respect come playoff time.

Phoenix won the last two games two different ways. Chandler had points two games ago and guards did last game. I like how Phoenix is playing and this is a let down spot for Sacramento. There's a reason only 37% of the public is on the Suns and the line has grown from 5.

Yesterday's (4/10) result (YTD):
My NBA plays: 1-1, +1.6 (123-122-6, -46.3)

Re: The Unfair Advantage, Jeffrey's Picks
unfairadvantage #309040 04/12/16 09:35 PM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
Senior
OP Offline
Senior
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
4/12

My NBA plays:

Miami +2 for 6 units
San Antonio -9.5 for 6 units

Love Miami. 36% on Miami. Doesn't matter quite as much to Detroit because they just want to make the playoffs after a couple W's and it matters lots to Miami for home court. If you can find +2.5, well done. Books got hammered yesterday as public went nearly undefeated - look out for the books to recover and public fades like this may be the way to go.

I like the Spurs. Off the loss, with nothing to play for, I still think they beat the Thunder by double digits. KD and Russ may rest or play limited minutes on the second night of a back to back. Low minute totals yesterday for Thunder, but this game really doesn't mean anything to them. I expect Spurs to take care of business after everyone rested and they lost to OKC last time they played. Anddd -- only 31% of the public on our side. *Thumbs up*

Yesterday's (4/11) result (YTD):
My NBA plays: 3-2, +4.8 (126-124-6, -41.5)

Re: The Unfair Advantage, Jeffrey's Picks
unfairadvantage #309127 04/14/16 12:15 AM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
Senior
OP Offline
Senior
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
4/13

My NBA Plays:

Houston -16 for 6 units
Minnesota -9 for 6 units
Philadelphia +9.na -5 for 6 units
Cleveland -3 for 4 units

I like Houston here.na is a good home team. So, in this normally near pick, they'd still pose a threat to Indy. But George is sitting, someone else is banged up, and I wouldn't be surprised if the coach says a few more will sit too with playoffs right around the corner.

I like Cleveland's backups fighting for a spot and time on the playoff roster more than Detroit's backups in Cleveland. Reggie Jackson is sitting and I'd be absolutely shocked if others weren't, too. Since idk who will start for Detroit or how long they'll play, this is only a 4 unit play.

Yesterday's (4/12) result (YTD):
My NBA plays: 1-1, -.6 (127-125-6, -42.1)

Re: The Unfair Advantage, Jeffrey's Picks
unfairadvantage #309216 04/15/16 02:31 AM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
Senior
OP Offline
Senior
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
Yesterday's (4/13) result (YTD):
My NBA plays: 2-4, -12.2 (129-129-6, -54.3)

Next play will likely be the 16th, Day 1 of the NBA playoffs, and we'll be finishing up the NBA season's plays right here on this thread.

Thanks for the continued support!


Re: The Unfair Advantage, Jeffrey's Picks
unfairadvantage #309294 04/16/16 05:21 AM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
Senior
OP Offline
Senior
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
4/16

My NBA plays:

Toronto -6.5 for 6 units
Oklahoma City -12 for 6 units
Atlanta -5.5 for 4 units
Houston +13 for 4 units

I'm going heavy chalk today.. But I have my reasons!

I love Toronto. I think they are a way better team than Indiana and they finally went to playoff series in this one. Indiana beat no one in their seven and one run and Toronto needs game one so freaking badly. There's been a culture shift up north and they get to the East finals starting with a win on the 16th.

I love Oklahoma City also. I'm January 22, I want you to look at the third-quarter where Oklahoma City proved exactly what they can do to Dallas when they need to. More recently than that, on February 24 they completely dominated Dallas even with Dirk getting 33. Oklahoma City is the far better team and making the playoffs was a huge consolation for Dallas with this injury-plagued team.

I like Atlanta because of Boston's last game. It was so emotional. It was tons of effort, even if it was a great win. After some clutch wins at home, Atlanta pretty much locked it up and played a couple bad road games. They've never been a good road and I don't expect that to change this postseason – not that much at least. I'll lay 5.5 and hope you can find 5 somewhere. Atlanta won the last three meetings also.

I like the points with Houston because it's just too many. The Rockets were tied with the Warriors after three in their February 9th game, but more importantly - how can golden state not have a hangover after what they accomplished. I bet the W's live in that final reg season game and was rewarded, but Harden and the Rockets are way better than that Grizz team and this is too big of a line.

Re: The Unfair Advantage, Jeffrey's Picks
unfairadvantage #309396 04/17/16 06:09 PM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
Senior
OP Offline
Senior
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
4/17

Cleveland -10.5 for 6 units

Analysis and more to come later

Re: The Unfair Advantage, Jeffrey's Picks
unfairadvantage #309448 04/17/16 11:02 PM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
Senior
OP Offline
Senior
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
4/17

My NBA plays:

(This play posted earlier) Cleveland -10.5 for 6 units
San Antonio -16.5 for 6 units
Charlotte +4.5 for 6 units
Portland +8 for 6 units

I liked Cleveland earlier Bc I figured they'd start out emphatically at home and we're better than Detroit. The loss against Detroit earlier this year came after a win vs OKC.

San Antonio needs to start strong and get on a roll to compete with OKC and GS. With Curry banged up, the Spurs can't help but see some light. Line is over two touchdowns and still growing, Grizz don't have the firepower.

Love Charlotte here. Look at their last 20 games, only losing one bad one. Catching points here is nice in a 50/50 game.

I like Portland plus. Just seems like too many points for a Blazers team trying to compete.

Yesterday's (4/16) result (YTD):
My NBA plays: 1-3, -9.4 (130-132-6)

Re: The Unfair Advantage, Jeffrey's Picks
unfairadvantage #309528 04/18/16 08:45 PM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
Senior
OP Offline
Senior
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,753
Likes: 8
4/18

My NBA plays:

Toronto -7.5 for 6 units
Oklahoma City -13.5 for 6 units

I like Toronto here. When you look at the box score from game 1, there are two unsustainable things that I saw. Two outlandish statistics. I saw Lowry and DeRozan combine for a lackluster stat line and Paul George go off. I mean, Indiana may win this series after stealing game 1, but I believe Toronto wins tonight.

I love Oklahoma City. Look at the rosters. Only 56% of the public are siding with the Thunder Bc the big number is scary, but Dallas is misusing everyone. Barea and Deron Williams are sitting out tonight on that already thin roster, in a playoff game, in OKC. Wowza.

Yesterday's (4/16) result (YTD):
My NBA plays: 1-3, -13.8 (131-135-6, -77.5)

Page 8 of 10 1 2 … 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  FREAK, Jpearl, sailfish, tinfw17, wayne1218 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Please be advised that links to other sites may offer activities that are illegal in certain jurisdictions. Viewers are strongly urged to investigate the legality of participating in any games and/or activities offered by such other sites. The owner of this website assumes no responsibility for the actions of viewers and makes no representation or endorsement of any games and/or activities offered by third-party sites. By viewing this website, viewers agree to hold the website owner harmless from any claims that may arise from their participation in any games and/or activities offered by third-party sites.

2000-2026 FREAKS Sports and Information Forum. All Rights Reserved.