#478117 05/31/20 02:01 PM
Ontario,Canada
poorboy Offline OP
2006 Bad Man Runner Up
OP Offline
2006 Bad Man Runner Up
Ontario,Canada
Hi Everyone,

I hope you and your families are all doing well and staying safe.

I am a hockey fan first, before any other sport (Sorry :)) Although I enjoy and follow NFL, CFL (again, sorry), and occasionally MLB, I do not have the same passion for them, so focusing on hockey here.

I have mixed feelings about the season possibly resuming. My initial thoughts are I think the season should just be cancelled and wait until next year. Why? I sympathize with all the people affected job wise (all the support staff around the teams, venues, and broadcast groups). I also see the impact potentially on the players and team staff, who could (depending how long they go in the playoffs) could be isolated/quarantined from their families for up to 3 months. However, resuming the season would be something for fans and players to look forward to, as something else to focus on, with the various events going on right now.That's where I look for other opinions.

Now, I am just an average guy, have never played teams sports in any organized manner, and cant relate to athletes that make millions of dollars. However, I feel for them in the sense that anyone who may have to be away from their family for that long, for reason of playing out a season for a 'game', Now, I assume there is normally not a lot of family time for the players in the NBA and NHL during long playoff series but assume they can still see their families.

So I am a little conflicted in wondering what the 'right' choice is for this type of situation. I know there are many more factors involved but I guess I am just saying, for me, I would be fine if the season was just cancelled, even though it is a sport I do really enjoy following/watching.

Re: Should NHL resume season?
poorboy #478254 06/02/20 11:46 PM
Time to play the Game
Owner

Owner

Time to play the Game
It's all about the $$$ Poorboy. Just like with all major sports they want the revenue. After all they are a business and people tend to forget that. I think NBA/NHL/MLB should all cancel. NFL could start later than their normal start. I just can't see how NHL/NBA is going to be any good. Too much time off and no one wants MLB in November.

A post a day and your access will stay!

FREAK #479048 06/17/20 10:15 PM
Ontario,Canada
poorboy Offline OP
2006 Bad Man Runner Up
OP Offline
2006 Bad Man Runner Up
Ontario,Canada
Yeah, Unfortunately, you are right on the money, it is about the money.

I stopped going to NHL games when I lived in Vancouver quite awhile ago as I was disappointed in a number of things with the team and management at the time, but felt my very hard earned money was going to pay owners and athletes who I felt slighted me as a fan. Anyways, a few years later, I moved to a different city and watched Junior hockey and I loved it. Kids playing to make a name for themselves etc but that WAS hockey.
I still refuse to this day to pay money to watch NHL hockey, as it is so crazy, like most sports, for what things cost.
I still love hockey, really like watching a number of the stars of the game, and will always be a Canucks fan.
But if they continue the season, I just think it is a mistake. I don't know how much I would follow next season then.
MLB and players arguing about the money/split etc. So many people are out of work and have lost so much, I just can't relate or support them right now. So many more important things going on right now, just cancel all the damn sports and focus on some of the important things going on. Ok, rant done :)

poorboy #479050 06/18/20 01:50 AM
Time to play the Game
Owner

Owner

Time to play the Game
Cost to see a game live is nuts. Tickets, concessions, parking, fees for this that and the other it's just priced out the normal folks. Sorry but I am not spending $200 to see 1 baseball game. I can pay less than that and get Extra Innings package on Directv and see any game I want every day of the season.

MLB will ultimately start up, again about money. They can't afford not to get paid and the owners need to offset losses. Again the money is mind boggling and the common folk can't relate to that. I saw Turner Sports paid a billion with a B to show playoffs for an unknown amount of years. Totally crazy!

As for the NBA, I am over it with them. This bs about not playing because it will take away from the cause is just nonsense. The overwhelming fans in the stands are white, maybe the fans should boycott the games in attendance and on air. That will never happen though.

It's out of hand everywhere, if companies really cared they would've done something years ago.

A post a day and your access will stay!

Moderated by  FREAK, sailfish, tinfw17, wayne1218 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Please be advised that links to other sites may offer activities that are illegal in certain jurisdictions. Viewers are strongly urged to investigate the legality of participating in any games and/or activities offered by such other sites. The owner of this website assumes no responsibility for the actions of viewers and makes no representation or endorsement of any games and/or activities offered by third-party sites. By viewing this website, viewers agree to hold the website owner harmless from any claims that may arise from their participation in any games and/or activities offered by third-party sites.

2000-2024 FREAKS Sports and Information Forum. All Rights Reserved.