NHL 2021/2022
#569340 10/10/21 12:39 AM
Ontario,Canada
poorboy Offline OP
2006 Bad Man Runner Up
OP Offline
2006 Bad Man Runner Up
Ontario,Canada
OK, it will be back to 'Normal' this season, in that we have a full schedule, no hub cities, we have fans... I'll call that normal at this point.

Its too early in the year to explain all my choices, but based on my thoughts (which can be a scary place), a bias towards the Canucks, feeling some teams are just 'due'. So, as you can see, all very scientific!

Lots has happened in the hockey world, some drama, lots of players moving around, cap issues etc.

My main comment is I see Edmonton winning their division (not Vegas), Tampa wins theirs, but does not advance past first round (no three peat), Leafs get out of first round but stumble in the 2nd, and Colorado is the team that I feel goes all the way.

Hope some more people get involved in some hockey chat this year.In the past I have done Hockey Night in Canada, where I made picks on Saturday games (With the lines I had online) and Canadian teams. May do the same this year, at least when I have time.

The letters and numbers are for reference where they finished within division... and Bolded teams win that round and move on to next round. Back to the usual format where top 3 in each division make playoffs and 2 Wild cards in each conference. I hope it looks even possible by Christmas.

Eastern Conference Round 1
A1 Tampa Bay Lightning WC Washington Capitals
A2 Toronto Maple Leafs A3 Florida Panthers
M1 Pittsburgh Penguins WC Boston Bruins
M2 Carolina Hurricanes M3 NY Islanders

Western Conference Round 1
C1 Colorado Avalanche WC St. Louis Blues
C2 Dallas Stars C3 Winnipeg Jets
P1 Edmonton Oilers WC Calgary Flames
P2 Vegas Golden Knights P3 Vancouver Canucks

Eastern Conference Round 2
A2 Toronto Maple Leafs WC Washington Capitals
M1 Pittsburgh Penguins M3 NY Islanders

Western Conference Round 2
C1 Colorado Avalanche C2 Dallas Stars
P3 Vancouver Canucks WC Calgary Flames

Eastern Conference Finals
M1 Pittsburgh Penguins A3 Washington Capitals

Western Conference Finals
C1 Colorado Avalanche P3 Vancouver Canucks

Stanley Cup Finals
C1 Colorado Avalanche A3 Washington Capitals

Re: NHL 2021/2022
poorboy #569677 10/11/21 03:36 PM
Time to play the Game
Owner

Owner

Time to play the Game
In each division I think it comes down to the following teams to win and they are in order of preference

Atlantic: Tampa/Boston/Florida/Montreal
Metropolitan: Carolina/Washington/Philadelphia/Pittsburgh
Central: Colorado/Winnipeg/Dallas/Nashville
Pacific: Vegas/Edmonton

Tampa is chasing a dynasty and will still have motivation to win it all. I don't see anyone from their side that can or will unseed them.

I believe it's going to come down to Colorado and Vegas once again. Will the run that Colorado had last year fuel them by Vegas this time? The thing I don't like about Vegas is their goalie situation. I don't trust him as I did Fleury and that may start the downfall of Vegas. Not saying they will have a horrible season but you can't auto bet them at home as you could in past years. They are going to take losses they normally wouldn't have because their starter gives up goals a goalie should never give up. Unless he vastly improved during the off season we shall see.

I don't like any of the Canadian teams period to go deep.... Montreal was a fluke last year and benefited for playing in Canada all season until the later rounds of the playoffs.

This should be a great season and we also see a network shift to Turner and ESPN and no longer on any of the NBC channels. We shall see how this goes as the season progresses.

Will the Seattle Kraken have a magical first season like Vegas? Time will tell............

Give me Tampa to three peat. Until someone knocks them off the perch it's hard to go against this deep and talented team.

A post a day and your access will stay!

poorboy #580613 12/02/21 06:48 AM
JV Squad
JV Squad
Was at the game Penguins/ Capitals. It's good to see this rivalry play out. This game sets the tone for the rest of the games against the pens. Great Caps Domination.

FREAK #619322 06/01/22 01:55 AM
Time to play the Game
Owner

Owner

Time to play the Game
Originally Posted by FREAK
In each division I think it comes down to the following teams to win and they are in order of preference

Atlantic: Tampa/Boston/Florida/Montreal
Metropolitan: Carolina/Washington/Philadelphia/Pittsburgh
Central: Colorado/Winnipeg/Dallas/Nashville
Pacific: Vegas/Edmonton

I obviously biffed in the Metropolitan not having the Rangers. Did well with Tampa, Colorado and Edmonton. I did preface about Vegas struggling this season when they traded away Fluery, that was a HUGE mistake.

Let's see how the final four play out, I'm alive with Tampa and I love their chances with the Rangers.

A post a day and your access will stay!

Moderated by  FREAK, sailfish, tinfw17, wayne1218 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Please be advised that links to other sites may offer activities that are illegal in certain jurisdictions. Viewers are strongly urged to investigate the legality of participating in any games and/or activities offered by such other sites. The owner of this website assumes no responsibility for the actions of viewers and makes no representation or endorsement of any games and/or activities offered by third-party sites. By viewing this website, viewers agree to hold the website owner harmless from any claims that may arise from their participation in any games and/or activities offered by third-party sites.

2000-2024 FREAKS Sports and Information Forum. All Rights Reserved.